The new BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure
Munich. BMW Motorrad presents the R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure – two motorcycles that add two exciting new facets to the BMW Motorrad Heritage world of experience: the roadster reduced to the essentials and the classic, old-school half-faired sports motorcycle. These are both concepts that were popular in the 1960s and 1970s and inspire more and more motorcycle enthusiasts today.
The New BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure gives purist roadster feeling and athletic dynamic performance based on classic concepts.
BMW Motorrad responded to this trend with the R nineT in 2013 – a model that has enjoyed ongoing success and popularity ever since. This was a good reason for the BMW Motorrad team to follow up with the R nineT Scrambler in 2015, another fascinating specimen of classic motorcycle design which once again received enthusiastic feedback.
Both the new BMW Heritage models feature the potent, air/oil-cooled boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) combined with a 6-speed transmission. They are both designed to meet the requirements of the EU4 pollutant class. The design of the exhaust system in stainless steel with the rear silencer positioned on the left reflects classic styling.
The highlights of the BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure:
- Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
- Modular frame with scope for customising, allowing individualisation according to personal taste.
- Five-spoke light alloy cast wheels, 3.5 x 17″ at front and 5.5 x 17″ at rear (optional wire-spoked wheels).
- 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front.
- ABS as standard.
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as an ex-works option.
- 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel (polished in the Racer, brushed in the Pure).
- High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged, clear anodised aluminium.
- R nineT Pure in Catalano Grey non-metallic as a classic, purist roadster.
- R nineT Racer with half-fairing, hump seat and set-back footrests in the style of a 1970s sports motorcycle.
- R nineT Racer in Lightwhite non-metallic combined with multi-coloured decor reminiscent of past BMW Motorsport colours, with the frame in Aluminium Silver.
Prices and launch dates of the new BMW R nineT models.
The BMW R nineT Pure will be sold in Germany at a price of EUR 12,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
The BMW R nineT Racer will be sold in Germany for EUR 13,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
Both heritage models will be launched in March 2017.